Thursday, January 12, 2006

Yesterday we went to look at new stationary. I showed Brighteyes the 5/8" and the 1/2" writing tablets and asked her if either of those interested her more than the 1" paper she was using or the lined notebook paper I use. She chose the 5/8" paper.

She also picked out a $1 address book. It's got pink flowers, and it has a line for birthdays. All last night and today she squealed over it, begged me to let her write in it, and copied out the addresses I wrote in it. I think we have a winner.

We stopped at the grocery store on the way home. The girls entertained the checkout line by singing "Happy Birthday" in Latin over and over again. I have no idea what folks thought.

Sunshine has been having trouble with the concepts of "more" and "less" and with writing her numbers. I backed off with both those things weeks ago, knowing that when her brain was ready for it she would show an interest. She's been looking at those pages this week. Today she took off with both skills and completed over a dozen math worksheets. I had to insist she stop when her hand tired out.

No comments: