Saturday, January 14, 2006

Minimus Worksheet Template, Chapter 1 Part 2

I'm writing these down so I can keep track of them. If you spot any additions or corrections that need to be made, please let me know.

My husband suggests turning these into a card game. There's enough here you can start stringing sentences together into short paragraphs and conversations, either verbal or written -- I recommend both.

New Nouns: sister, soul, birthday

Noun Bank: mother, father, daughter, son, small child, cat, mouse, sister, soul, birthday, gift

Verbs: I am, we are, you are (singular), you are (plural), is, are, I have, sit (plural), come (singular)

Pronouns: I, we, everyone, my

Conjunctions: and, but

Greetings: Hello, Hello (plural), Goodbye, Dear (female), Dear (male), Dearest (female)

I am a [noun bank].
I have a [noun bank].
I have a [noun bank] for you.


You are a [noun bank].
I am a [noun bank] [and/but] you are a [noun bank].
I am a [noun bank] [and/but] [name] is a [noun bank].
You are a [noun bank] [and/but] [name] is a [noun bank].

I am a [noun bank] [and/but] [name] and [name] are slaves.
You are a [noun bank] [and/but] [name] and [name] are slaves.
[Name] is a [noun bank] [and/but] we are slaves.

You are (pl.) slaves [and/but] I am a [noun bank].
You are (pl.) slaves [and/but] [name] is a [noun bank].

[Name] is a [noun bank].
[Name] is a [noun bank] [and/but] [name] is a [noun bank].

[Name] and [name] are slaves.

[Name] is a [noun bank] [and/but] [name] and [name] are slaves.

[Name] and [name] are in Vindolanda.
[Name] is in [place name] [and/but] [name] is in [place name].
[Name] is in [place name] [and/but] [name] and [name] are in Vindolanda.

[Name] is in [place name] [and/but] we are in Vindolanda.

You are (pl.) in Vindolanda [and/but] I am in [place name].
You are (pl.) in Vindolanda [and/but] [name] is in [place name].

Everyone are slaves.

Everyone are in Vindolanda.
(I know the proper English is "Everyone is....". I'm not sure how to handle that yet.)

Hello [name]!
Hello [name] and [name]!
Hello everyone!

goodbye [name].
Come, [name].

Sit, everyone!
Sit, [name] and [name]!

Dear [male name or noun],
Dear [female name or noun],
Dearest [female name or noun],

Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday [name]!
Happy Birthday, dear [male name]!
Happy Birthday, dear [female name]!
Happy Birthday, dearest [female name]!

My [noun bank],
My dear [female name or noun],
My dear [male name or noun],

I have my [noun bank].
You are my [noun bank].
[Name] is my [noun bank].

Who is this?
What is this?
Who is [name or noun bank]?
What is [noun bank]?

But who is this?
But what is this?

Who is this and who is [name or noun bank]?
Who is this and what is [noun bank]?
What is this and what is [noun bank]?
Who is [name or noun bank] and who is [name or noun bank]?
Who is [name or noun bank] and what is [noun bank]?
What is [noun bank] and what is [noun bank]?

Happy Birthday to you!
You are very welcome.
Thank you very much.
How beautiful.

Once upon a time

[female name or noun] is famous.

No comments: