Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I got sick two weeks ago, but I'm starting to feel better.

We picked up a real problem this summer. The girls went to a summer learning program and picked up some bad habits, like throwing tantrums and refusing to do what was asked of them. I thought it might just be a development phase and backed off for a few months, but the behavior has gotten worse and extended to everything they're asked to do. So now I'm having to homeschool them separately while making it clear that such behavior is not an acceptable way to communicate. It's very exhausting, which is why I haven't been posting as much.

3 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Sorry you are having problems. I have missed you at the cafe. In fact I have pretty much been missing everyone.

Anonymous said...

Where did they pick up those bad habits? From their classmates? Their teachers? That sort of change with that sort of correlation might be worth looking into. Maybe your husband could do it since he's in the biz.

Lioness said...

Their classmates, abetted by the teacher letting them get away with it.