Sunday, November 27, 2005

Time Flies

I'm fond of natural consequences. Right now the girls' lessons take two hours to do in the morning if nobody throws a fuss. If someone fusses, it's two hours plus however long the fuss lasts. Brighteyes is learning that throwing a fuss over lessons is conterproductive. It causes lessons to last longer and cuts into her free time.

The other day the subject of public school came up, and I asked her if she knew how long the same lessons took in school. (I didn't mention that those students covered as lot less material, since they didn't have History, Science, Grammer, or Recess.) She didn't know and asked how long. I told her six and a half hours.

Her jaw dropped. "Six and a half hours! How much fussing do they do?"

Good question. I hope she learns better time management skills than I had when I graduated from school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog via The Denim Jumper. I love reading your insights.

Rebel
http://www.mindspring.com/~rebel_hart